Saturday 10 May 2014

Review : Anna and the French kiss By Stephanie Perkins



Title/Author: Anna and the French kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Originally Publisher/Year Published:  December 2010 by Dutton 
Genre: young adult, contemporary
How I got this book: bought 
Why I read this book: it's almost summer, what better way to kick off the season by reading some contemporary?  :) 
Rating: 5 stars

Anna has everything figured out - she was about to start senior year with her best friend, she had a great weekend job, and her huge work crush looked as if it might finally be going somewhere... Until her dad decides to send her 4383 miles away to Paris. On her own.

But despite not speaking a word of French, Anna finds herself making new friends, including Etienne, the smart, beautiful boy from the floor above. But he’s taken – and Anna might be too. Will a year of romantic near-missed end with the French kiss she’s been waiting for?



Review: 
When I started this book I could almost guess I'd like it. Anna had a great character and a beautiful personal life in America with her friends. Her parents decided for her to send her to school in Paris.
Here she meets Etienne st. Clair. He is a great guy with French dad and American mum. Tons of good and bad things happen in this book which makes is such an adorable read. I loved Etienne and Anna as well. They're the catchy imaginary love story but Stephanie Perkins made it way better than I had expected. 
5 out of 5 stars for this little masterpiece of contemporary fiction 





2 comments:

  1. I loved, loved this book! I can't wait for Isla and the happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww same here :) also Lola and the boy next door haha. Haven't read that one yet :p nice to meet you :))

      Delete