Wednesday 6 January 2016

Review: The iron knight by Julie Kagawa


Title/author: The iron knight by Julie Kagawa
Originally published/ year published: October 2011 by Mira Ink
Genre: Fantasy,fairytale, young adult
How I got this book: bought
Why I read this book: the final book in this series which I just had to read!
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

My fall began, as many stories do, with a girl.

Love is a weakness for mortals and fools. And Ash, Heir to the winter court, is no mere mortal. But when he swore to be Meghan Chase's knight, his oath bound him to her irrevocably. Now the girl Ash loves is a ruler of a realm no winter Prince can ever survive. To be with her he must have a soul and a mortal body, yet the tests he must face to earn these things are impossible.


There is one thing stronger than his will to live: His vow to Meghan. As Ash battles he learns truths that challenge his darkest beliefs and show him that, sometimes, it takes more than courage to make the ultimate sacrifice.


Review
Oh my, I can't believe I've finished this series... This book was really really good, in fact, I loved it so much!

This was the 4th and final book in the Iron fey series by Julie Kagawa and she made something amazing of it. In stead of being written from Megan's point of view this one is written of Ash's. This book is all about him and his quest to earn a soul to be with Megan.

In the book Puck and Ash start together to go on a quest. Ash swore in the previous book to Megan he would be her knight and made a vow. As the normal feys can't go into the iron realm Ash decides he wants to earn his soul. Therefore he needs to go to the end of the world. On his way he meets someone he lost a long time ago and also the cat Grimalkin, Puck and a wolf accompany him on his quest. He learns to know his true self and also learns the dangers of earning a soul. In the end he has a choice, be human or not? He makes his choice. Megan in the end finally got her knight back, and even better, the man she loves.

“You're here," I murmured, reaching out to touch him, hardly believing this was real. "You came back." Ash's breath hitched, and he put his hand over mine.
"I came home.”
 

I just have so much praise for this book. Kagawa's writing style takes you into the story and makes you understand the characters. Each character is unique and has it's best sides but also dark ones. She wrote this perfectly. The worldbuilding was as great as in the other books. I literally could see the end of the world in my mind. 

The book is published by Mira Ink. And i have to say that my paperback edition is really nice and easy to hold when reading. It's a bit of a shame the glitters on the cover keep getting of though, haha. Luckily this doesn't effect the story xD

But yes, this story was amazing! I just can't be more sad this series is over. All the characters were amazing and Ash will always have a special place in my heart.

This book I give 5 out of 5 stars. One of the best books I read in 2015!

4 comments:

  1. There is a follow up series about her little brother ethan! And a few other books so there is plenty left <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha i know that! But i kinda don't want to read it because ash and megan aren't in there that much :(

      X claire

      Delete
    2. Believe me, they are worth the read! You will not miss them, the story is way interesting?

      Delete
    3. Believe me, they are worth the read! You will not miss them, the story is way interesting?

      Delete