Sunday 17 January 2016

Review: Of Triton by Anna Banks



Title/author: Of triton by Anna Banks
Originally published/ year published: May 28th 2013 by Square fish
Genre: Fantasy, young adult, Romance
How I got this book: bought
Why I read this book: Loved the 1st one so had to try this one as well!
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Emma has just learned that her mother is a long-lost poseidon princess, and now struggles with an identity crisis: As a half-breed, she's a freak in the human world and an abomination in the Syrena realm below. Syrena law states that all half-breeds should be put to death.


As if that's not bad enough, her mother's reappearance among the syrena turns two kingdoms - poseidon and triton - against one another. Which leaves Emma with a decision to make: Should she comply with galen's request to keep herself safe and just hope for the best? or should she risk it all and reveal her - and her gift - to save people she's never known?

Once again, Anna Banks infuses Emma and Galen's points of view with humor, intrigue and waves of romance.


Review
So, after a year I finally read book 2 in the syrena legacy series by Anna Banks, and I have to say I loved it! Finished the book in less than 3 days!

This book starts where the 1st book left off, Emma's Mum is the lost poseidon princess. And now Galen and his brother Grom want to reach out to her by coming on land. Grom can't believe she still is alive and wants to see it with his own eyes. At first she runs and doesn't believe it but soon she stops running and meets Grom again after more than 70 years. Now they must convince both courts and the parliament that she is the real one. But there is one man who wants his daughter to mate king Grom and tries to ruin it all! In the end everything will be all right and Emma's mom will leave to the sea again.
Galen has decided to stay on land with Emma and will be together. 

Wowow I just can't believe I finished this book so quickly! It was an amazing read, like the 1st book! I kinda forgot how much I loved this book. Soon I will read the 3rd and last one in the series :) 

I bought this book in paperback which is a really comfortable one to read. The cover is so nice  and I have to admit that it's just gorgeously designed! Definitly a huge recommendation if you like mythical and mermaid stories! 

As you might have guessed, I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment